NEXT IDC: February 11th, 2017
Rich Coast Diving will turn your passion of Diving into a new profession!
Come and join us in an upcoming IDC course and let us help you begin your dream career as a Dive Instructor.
IDC SCHEDULE 2017
FEBRUARY 11th IE: feb 25-26
APRIL 15th IE: Apr 29-30
JUNE 10th IE: June 24-25
AUGUST 19th IE: Sept 2-3
NOVEMBER 18th IE: Dec 2-3
As a PADI professional, you do things others only dream of. Whether you work in a local dive center or at a resort, the adventure of a lifetime is yours for the taking. Imagine a job where you actually look forward to heading off to work in the morning. As a PADI Pro, you are one of the most sought-after dive professionals on the planet. And, with more than 4700 PADI dive centers and resorts worldwide, the world is your office, your playground.
Rich Coast Diving takes pride of the quality, the professionalism, and the fun of our courses. Become a PADI professional and join our most exciting IDC program in Costa Rica. Having our own Course Directors on board, allows us, flexible schedules to fit your needs and exceeds your expectations. We provide maximum customer service by organizing IDC's in small groups, so every student get his or her own personal time.
We offer FREE accommodation during the course
The only Platinum Course Director in Costa Rica
- Welcome party to meet and greet the staff and other candidates
- Accommodation packages available
- Working in small groups for personal attention
- Support available in English, Spanish, Dutch and German
- Fully air-conditioned classroom
- Lunch and relax area to enjoy the break time
- All PADI materials available at a great price
- Equipment rental package deal
- Retail store for full equipment with special candidate's packages
- Equipment repairs
- Free Wireless internet
- Coffee and tea will be available
- EFR Instructor course
- Specialty Instructor packages
- PADI library for extra support
- In house Course Directors
- Digital Underwater Photography Specialty with High tech equipment.
- Course Director will accompany you on the IE Graduation Party.
- One day divetheory refresh on request.
- Be certified as a PADI Dive master or hold a leadership level certification with another recreational diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past12 months. A licensed physician must sign the form and state that the candidate is fit for diving. The physician signing the form may not be the applicant.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives (as documented in the individual's log book) and have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Submit documentation of any equivalent certification for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization. (PADI Members who have these records on file at PADI do not need to resubmit.)
- Effective March 2009, all new PADI Instructors will need to be current Emergency First Response Instructors or hold another current first aid and CPR instructor credential.
- If not a PADI Dive master, successfully complete the PADI Dive master course diver rescue skills assessment
By joining the PADI Instructor Development Course, you will learn according to the PADI system using the latest materials. Not only will you learn how to teach all the PADI courses but you will have fun applying them in the Standards and Procedures, academic teaching presentations, and teaching divers in confined and open water training.
It's a relaxed 9 to 12 days program, in which we will provide a professional and fun learning experience. After completing the IDC you must successfully complete the PADI Instructor Examination. This is a two days final step towards the Scuba Instructor certification.
This exam includes the academic teaching, the dive theory, and the confined and open water teaching and general diving skills.
As a PADI Instructor you can conduct the entire PADI program starting at Discover scuba diving all the way to the Dive master course. In order to finish a rescue course, candidates need the complete the EFR course. In order to conduct this course, you as a PADI Instructor need to complete the EFR Instructor Course. This course will be available somewhere around the IDC.
After successfully completing the exams, you will receive the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification card and you have the possibility to make one of the world's oceans your office.
The IDC is $1250 and includes the EFRI plus 1 Instructor Specialty plus
FREE dives for LIFE
PADI FEES: $844
|IDC on-line portion||E-learning||$355|
|Assistant Instructor Course (AI)||4 Days||$450|
|Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)||5 days||$750|
|Instructor Development Course||9 days||$1195|
|Emergency First Response (EFR)+CARE FOR CHILDEREN||2 days||$250|
|Emergency First Response Instructor Course (EFRI) + CFC||1 day||$375|
|Specialty Instructor Course (SI) starting at $150||1 day||$150|
|Tec Courses starting at $400||3 days||$400|
|Master Scuba Diver Prep (MSDT)||5 days||$500|
|IDC Staff Instructor Course (incl IDC)||11 Days||$500|
|PADI Instructor Examination Fee||$625|
|PADI Instructor Examination Segment Fee||$260|
|PADI IDC Processing Fee||$156|
|Divemaster training + IDC||30 days min||$2250|
|IDC, EFRI, MSDT||14 days||$1695|
Don't be Shocked! Most of the following materials are already in your possession if you hold the PADI certifications. Check your "home library".
|PADI IDC Crew-Pak||$555|
|PADI Instructor Manual||$95|
|Guide to Teaching Manual||$149|
|Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Outline||$15|
|Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline||$15|
|AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline||$15|
|Recreational Dive Planner Table and Instructions for Use booklet||$20|
|Recreational Dive Planner eRDPML and Instructions for Use booklets||$35|
|How to use and choose dive computers||$25|
|Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet||$8|
|Open Water Diver Manual||$50|
|Adventures in Diving Manual||$50|
|PADI Rescue Diver Manual||$50|
|Rescue Diver Final Exams booklet||$8|
|PADI Dive master Manual||$50|
|Dive master Final Exams booklet||$8|
|Discover Scuba Diving Cue Card||$8|
|Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards (6)||$34|
|Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards (5)||$26|
|Adventures in Diving Aquatic Cue Cards (8)||$34|
|Dive Master Slates (4)||$30|
|Confined Water Lesson Preparation slate||$15|
|Open Water Training Dive Lesson Planning slate||$15|
|The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving||$35|
|Diving Knowledge Workbook||$20|
|EFR Instructor Manual||$85|
|*The Law and the Diving Professional||$28|
|*The Best of The Undersea Journal||$30|
|*The Business of Diving||$28|
|*Children and Scuba Diving||$28|